2019 Rules Revision Process
The Rules Revision Policy was approved by the FEI Board during its in-person meeting in Lausanne (SUI) on 18-19 June 2018.
• National Federations (NFs) and Stakeholders with whom the FEI has signed an MOU (SHs) have the opportunity to propose rules modification to the FEI.
Phase II runs from 1 March to 8 July 2019:
• Technical Committees (TCs)/FEI Headquarters (FEI HQ)/FEI Bureau, where relevant: assess all proposed rules changes (i.e. the ones submitted by NFs and SHs but also the ones proposed by TCs/FEI HQ/Bureau).
• FEI produces a 1st Draft of the proposed rules changes including explanation as to the nonacceptance of proposals received by NFs/SHs, if applicable.
Phase III runs from 8 July to 30 August 2019:
• Monday 8 July 2019: The FEI will provide NFs with the 1st Draft of proposed rule changes;
• Friday 30 August 2019: NFs are given six weeks to review the 1st Draft and the proposed amendments lay down in this 1st Draft and make comments and/or propose any changes in relation to the amendments referenced in the 1st Draft only. Comments/changes to be submitted to the FEI no later than 30 August.
Phase IV runs from 30 August to 22 October 2019:
• On 22 October 2019 (i.e. 4 weeks before the General Assembly) FEI produces a Final Draft of the proposed rules changes including explanation as to the non-acceptance of proposals received by NFs/SHs, if applicable.
• Final Draft of the proposed rules changes is provided to the NFs.
Phase V will take place on 18 November 2019:
• At the FEI General Assembly Rules Session the following may happen:
– discussion of any proposed rules changes submitted in Phases I or III only;
– identification on whether specific proposed rule change shall be voted separately at the GA or confirmation that the relevant set of rules can be voted in one block; and,
– clarifications, corrections of errors (e.g. contradictions, inconsistencies, etc.) can be modified by FEI without changing the spirit of the articles/rules.
• No new proposals can be submitted at this point of the process, as these proposals will not have been circulated to all NFs and relevant bodies (i.e Technical Committees, Bureau and HQ) who will therefore not have had the opportunity to fully evaluate the implications of the proposed rule changes.
Phase VI will take place on 19 November 2019 – FEI General Assembly day:
• Voting of the different proposals as decided in Phase V.
• Communication of the exact day of implementation of the new rules. As a general rule and with the exception of the statutory changes, the new rules will take effect on 1 January 2020.
• Publication of the approved rules will take place after FEI General Assembly.